Raising Stella has been one of the greatest and most overwhelming experiences in my life, but this precious baby girl (now toddler) can never replace our first baby, Avery that we lost to miscarriage in 2016. Stella is our rainbow but that doesn’t mean Avery was a storm.
The grief of loss, the pain (both physical and emotional) was the storm. And the clouds began to clear as God began to restore broken places in my heart long before we even got pregnant with Stella 2 years after losing Avery.
A rainbow baby is a term used for child that comes after a miscarriage, stillbirth, neonatal death, or infant loss. This term has encouraged parents to share their stories of loss – and the babies that follow. The joy of a rainbow baby does not negate or erase the pain of child loss.
Read more on 20 Bible Verses For When You Need Peace
Rainbows can mean so many things to each of us:
- A reminder to hold tight God’s promises to never leave us
- A symbol to remind us to hold onto hope
- A story of redemption after life’s storms
- The joy in your heart that you can’t help but share with those around you
- Babies that are in heaven or the babies that are earth side